Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Learning To Be A Good Mom




It's probably time to figure out some things I'm going to need to be able to do when I'm a mom to a real baby (as opposed to an incubator to a plum).  So I spent the day with mom while Craig was on duty at the fire department, and I learned some things.  I decided I need to learn how to make honey oatmeal bread, because it's delicious, and healthy, and I used to love toasting it for breakfast when I was little.  Mom is so fancy at making bread that we even ground whole grains for it...it was fun!  Here's a picture of the final product:



Mom also taught me how to make a baby quilt (it was an activity that they did through church).  We picked out the cutest fabrics and cut them up and viola!  Look at how cute (this is for one of my favorite friends, Angela, who is due in July <3):



She taught me how to crochet baby afghans a few years ago and I'm getting pretty good at that.  I needed to learn these things because moms make bread and they're crafty too!  So...I'm a little more prepared than I was yesterday...I just wonder if I could do these things by myself...




-Liese

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing and you will be an amazing mom--I have no doubt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be needing you to teach me how to make that bread...

    ReplyDelete