Sunday, July 1, 2012

We're going to have a problem....

Well...only if it's girl.
So, have you seen those ads for the new Disney Pixar movie called Brave? Don't misunderstand me, it looks cute, BUT it makes me cringe every time. That little girl with the wild and unruly orange hair...that was me (and probably still is sometimes.)  It's just frizzy and crazy and ALL OVER THE PLACE. 


I was telling Craig, in between cringes, that I feared that our little girls would have hair like that...like me. 


(Tangent: True story: the group of mean girls in 4th grade used to call me lion...because even though my mom fixed my hair, little pieces would come up in the front and look like a mane around my face :/)


(This isn't even the worst picture I could find...just the worst I was willing to share)


Oh, back to me telling Craig about my fear of our girls with my hair...here's the problem: he WANTS that. AND he doesn't want me to try to tame it. If it were up to him, I would have an Afro...or look like a homeless lady...and that's what he wants to do to our children. I'll have to teach them to not listen to their father from an early age...

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog!!

    I'm afraid I have to agree with Craig about your hair. The picture of you was absolutely darling. Your hair is awesome and those mean girls are all losers now anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Craig too. I love the beautiful red hair. You are gorgeous lady, whether its straight or totally natural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post.=) I had quite a good chuckle at the last bit about Craig wanting you to look like a crazy homeless lady. Sigh. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it totally wrong to flat iron a newborn's hair? What about a Brazillian Blow-Out?

    ReplyDelete