Sunday, May 6, 2012

MORNING Sickness?

I'm jealous of the person who coined the phrase 'morning sickness'. Why? Because I WISH it was only in the morning instead of ALL. DAY.LONG. It's like having the flu that never goes away. I used to think that when I finally got pregnant with a little tiny Craig, all I would feel was so much love that none of the other stuff would bother me. Wrong.
The first day I felt sick was the day that Craig, Mom, Sami, Ashleigh, and I were in NYC. I have two theories regarding this:
1. I wasn't eating as often. I have been eating about 5 or 6 small meals everyday, and only ate 2 big meals...and one small one that day. Plausible.
2. Baby was PISSED that we went to see the fabulous Carolee Carmello before he had eyes or ears. I'm pretty sure this is the reason. He won't be able to hear until July...I couldn't wait that long!
It's been a full week and he hasn't let up. This little guy has gotten my ability to hold a grudge, I guess.


*Side note: NYC was so wonderful! Carolee was beautiful, talented, amazing, as usual. And guess what!!! She took us backstage! We had never been on a real stage in a real theatre! It was the coolest thing that has ever happened. ever. We were just walking around, getting a tour, from CAROLEE CARMELLO.







**Maybe if baby is a girl...Craig will let me name her Carolee?


-Liese

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel good more often soon and that was really nice of Carolee . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you will ever even see these sweet little comments I'm making, but if you happen to see this one, I have a suggestion that might help with the morning sickness...maybe you're getting over it already...anyway, might help for the next baby. With Brigham, I noticed it helped me a lot not only to do the frequent eating thing but also to eat protein frequently. Not sure if its the same for everyone, but I ate little pieces of lunch meat or whatever was on hand throughout the day, and it did help. Just an idea. Let me know if you discover anything else helpful.

    ReplyDelete